The world's first solar-powered train started its 3 mileage in Australia.
Byron Bay Railroad Company began using the world's first solar powered train in Australia.
The world's first solar powered train started operating on the 3 km route in New South Wales in Byron Bay, Australia.
Byron Bay Railroad Company is working with some local companies to restore an old train and install solar panels on the ceiling. However, one of the original two diesel engines of the train was left as diesel in case of any mishap.
. We have found, restored and strengthened a 4.6 billion-year power supply “, said Jeremy Holmes, director of development at Byron Bay Railroad Company, the world's first solar-powered train project.
The round trip will be provided by the 30kWh battery with the panels on the roof of the electric train and the 77kW solar panels on the station which are required for one-day voyages.
- Click to share on Facebook (opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (opens in new window)
- Click to share in WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (opens in new window)
- Click to share in the telegram (opens in new window)
- Click to share in Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share in Tumblr (opens in new window)
- Click to share via email to your friend (opens in new window)
- Click to print (opens in new window)
Related Transportation News
Similar Railway News and Other News That May Interest You
- Solar powered lighting disassembled due to tram project 01/04/2016 Solar-powered lighting was dismantled due to tram project: The solar-powered lighting poles recently laid by Mustafa Kemal Sahil Boulevard in Izmir were dismantled due to the tram project. Izmir's money went to waste The Izmir Metropolitan Municipality's public losses due to lack of coordination and planning were added to the public losses. 2015 solar lighting pole mounted on Mustafa Kemal Sahil Boulevard in August 245 is removed one by one by Metropolitan Municipality. The plan and project are replaced by the solar-powered lighting poles located on the route where the tram will be replaced many times. After the poles were put into service e
- Solar Powered Train Entered Service! 20/07/2017 Solar Powered Train Entered Service! Indian Railways is putting in a new project to reduce the carbon footprint of trains and create awareness. Indian Railways is putting in a new project to reduce the carbon footprint of trains and create awareness. Under the new project, the upper part of the train running on the railways is covered with solar panels, and the solar panels built on the top of the 20 horsepower train that will produce approximately 1600 kWh for the internal need of the train will produce electricity from the solar energy. The energy produced will be used in train operations such as lighting, door operation, checking passenger information. Also included in the battery pack…
- Cordless and Solar Trolley Exports from Denizli 21/10/2017 The company, established in Denizli by an electrician, sells electric and solar powered trams to 13 countries. Tahir Ozturk, the owner of the company operating in an industrial site in Merkezefendi district, told reporters that he has been working on electrical systems since 1986 and that they have developed electric buses before. In recent years, such as the site and park closed-circuit systems for the production of electric trolley Öztürk, explaining the power of the trams, US, UK, Albania, especially the 13 exported to the country said. "Last year the 150 bin to be the cordless train and other products"
- World's First Hydrogen Powered Train Launched 19/09/2018 The hydrogen fuel cell train developed by the French company Alstom was put into service in Germany. The train, which is seen as one of the public transportation vehicles of the future that started its journey in Europe, will be mass-produced in the medium term, and its energy of 81 million euros is planned to be taken from hydrogen. a system that converts hydrogen and oxygen into energy is used, and with the energy obtained, this train that can carry 14 passengers can speed up to 300 km per hour. Coradia iLint is also able to drive 140 to 600 mileage. Coradini to ...
- The world's first subway system from solar energy 09/06/2016 The world's first subway system, powered by solar energy: the Santiago Metro, where 2,5 a million people travel each day in Chile, will soon be operating with a great deal of renewable energy. The metro system, which will cover the 60 of its consumption with solar energy and the 18 with wind energy, is a candidate for being the first in the world. Atacama, the driest desert in the world, located in the north of Chile, will be used as a renewable energy source for the metro system of the country's capital, Santiago. The 650 megawatt solar power system, which will be located in the south of the Atacama desert about 100 km to the city, will transfer its production directly to the metro line. Covering solar panels with desert soil Güneş
- Europe's first LNG fuel train starts testing 17/01/2018 Spain's TSO Reganosa and state-owned high-speed rail operator, Renfe, launched a four-month test run of Europe's first LNG-fueled passenger trains running on liquefied natural gas (LNG) instead of fuel. The first LNG fuel train test voyages of Europe started with the opening ceremony of Íñigo de la Serna, Minister of Energy, Tourism and Digital Agenda Álvaro Nadal. Tests on the line between Mieres and Figaredo will analyze the possible environmental and economic advantages that natural gas can provide in railway transport using non-electric lines. Click to read more Source: www.enerjigunlugu.net
- One of the important solar market in the world will be Turkey 30/04/2014 One of the important solar market in the world will be Turkey: Yingli Solar Turkey Manager Ugur Kilic, Istanbul Clean Energy Days held at the Technical University in his speech at the 2014 conference, Yingli he sold a large part of the solar manufacturing to China, said recently in the US, Japan and he said Canada would be an important addition to Turkey's solar energy market in the country. Uğur Kılıç stated that in three R & D laboratories owned by Yingli Solar, they were working to increase the efficiency of solar panel cells and to reduce the costs in non-silicone raw materials despite the increase in raw material prices. Headquartered in China, 2012 and 2013 as the world market leader X
- World's first subway will make its first night expedition 20/08/2016 The world's first subway will make its first night-time expedition: the 153 annual subway in London, for the first time in its history, will serve two even 24 hours on weekends. The application, which will start on the Central and Victoria lines, will be extended to other routes in the fall. In London, the capital of England, the Central and Victoria lines from now on the weekends 24 hours will be organized. 153, the world's first subway, is the annual London subway, where the 2, including Central and Victoria, will start serving 24 hours over the weekend, midnight. The Mayor of London, Sadık Han, expressed his appreciation for the new voyages: "Metronun at night"
- The World's First Train to Go Without Machines 04/10/2017 World's First Train Without a Mechanic Starts Expeditions: China-based mining company Rio Tinto started to use the world's first full-fledged autonomous train. The company is expected to enter a different sector with this activity outside the mining sector. A historic step has been taken with the train transferring loads on the 100 kilometer road without any people in any of the wagons. One of the most profound professions in the history of transportation is becoming a machinist. After the autonomous cars, it was the trains, the sole ruler of the railway. In Western Australia, the country with the highest number of train travels, the first train service without a driver was carried out. Machinistless Train Rio Tinto Management…
- Smart road dream using solar panels instead of asphalt is real 29/05/2014 The smart road dream using solar panels instead of asphalt is real: The Solar Roadways project started at the beginning of 2000 in the garages of Scott and Julie Brosaw, with the dream of replacing the asphalt roads of America with solar panels. After nearly 10 years of work in the garage where the couple turned into an electronic lab, Solar Roadways has become a project that attracted many agencies from Google to NASA. In order to find the necessary funds for the realization of the 21 Indiegogo campaign, which started in April, the 1 million dollars reached its target early on. To date, around a few thousand 1 million 400 thousand dollars collecting Solar Roadways will do a few N