The traffic flow in Fevzipaşa Boulevard will be arranged as “one way towards Basmane” starting on Thursday, October 19, until the manufacturing work of Konak Tramway is completed.
Within the scope of the line laying works of Konak Tramway, which is under construction by İzmir Metropolitan Municipality, a significant change is made in the traffic order in the city center. In line with the board decision taken by the Transport Coordination Center (UKOME), Fevzipaşa Boulevard will serve as one direction towards Basmane starting on Thursday, October 19. Vehicles will use Fevzipaşa Boulevard by logging onto Cumhuriyet Boulevard. The application will continue until the manufacturing of Konak Tramway is completed.
Other arrangements to be made within the scope of the decision that provides one-way use of Fevzipaşa Street are:
- The part of Şehit Fethi Bey Caddesi between the Governor Kazım Dirik Avenue and 860 Street, with the entrance from the Governor Kazım Dirik Avenue,
- The part of Halit Ziya Boulevard between Fevzipaşa Boulevard and Governor Kazım Dirik Caddesi, with an entrance from Fevzipaşa Boulevard,
- The part of the Governor Kazım Dirik Avenue, between Halit Ziya Boulevard and Cumhuriyet Boulevard, will be an entrance from Halit Ziya Boulevard,
- 895 Street, 860 Street entrance,
- 1338 Sokak will be entrance from Governor Kazım Dirik Street,
- The part of 1362 Sokak between Fevzipaşa Boulevard and Gazi Boulevard, will be an entrance from Fevzipaşa Boulevard,
- The part of 1364 Sokak between Fevzipaşa Boulevard and Gazi Boulevard, will be an entrance from Gazi Boulevard,
- 1367 Sokak, entrance from Fevzipaşa Boulevard,
- 1368 Street will be organized as one-way with entrance from 9 September Square.
Bus routes also changed
As part of this change in traffic order, the ESHOT General Directorate also made a partial change in the route of some bus lines. According to this:
Buses serving Halkapınar Metro-Konak, which is located at 251, will follow the route Mürselpaşa Boulevard, 9 September Square, Gazi Boulevard and Cumhuriyet Boulevard in the direction of Konak.
Esentepe-Konak numbered 34, İsmetpaşa District numbered 39-Konak, Çınartepe numbered 42, Mersinpınar numbered 44, Gültepe-Konak numbered 45, Çobançeşme-Konak numbered 46 and Şirinyer Transfer-Konak numbered 838 are also hosted by Konak. On the way to Gazi Street, Anafartalar Street will follow the 9 Eylül Square, Gazi Boulevard and Cumhuriyet Boulevard route.