UPS expands its China-Europe rail service: cities added to China and Europe provide more comprehensive access to alternative shipping options for UPS customers
UPS (NYSE: UPS) announced today that it has added six new stops to the multi-vehicle rail service for the full load and container capacity load (FCL and LCL) between Europe and China. These additional stations will offer a better balance of cost / track time conditions with more options to reduce supply chain costs to customers carrying their goods on the world's largest trade route.
Accordingly, Changsha, Chongqing, Suzhou and Wuhan Stations have already been added to Zhengzhou and Chengdu Stations currently available in China, and Duisburg / Germany and Warsaw / Poland stations to Lodz / Poland and Hamburg / Germany stations available in Europe.
“Our China-Europe rail services can save our customers 65% compared to air freight and improve 40% compared to traditional sea transportation,” added Cindy Miller, head of UPS Global Freight Forwarding. UPS offers more options and aims to help the success and expansion of commercial activities in China and Europe. ”
The four new stations in China have been chosen mainly because of their proximity to industrial production in the respective provinces and to commercial and cultural centers in the interior of China.
When we arrive in Europe, Duisburg is located in the heart of the Ruhr industrial area in Germany and offers access to river, rail, road and air transport. The new Warsaw stop, on the other hand, provides R&D and industrial production to Poland, a growing economy within the European Union, which is a center for the realization of e-commerce.
The UPS China-European Railway service also offers the following features:
- Full Service Offer for the transportation of both FCL and LCL between China and Europe,
- Security: Closed circuit television system tracking, seal management, alarms and optional GPS container tracking during train changes
- Temperature Control: The options available to protect more sensitive loads include thermal liners, pallet covers and a diesel-powered cooler container.
- Simplified Customs Inspections: Limited customs inspections with China and European import / export countries. UPSTM systems are electronically connected to customs authorities; this reduces the risk of error and accelerates the customs process.
- Sustainability: The train service creates 25 times less CO2 emissions than air transport. In addition, the railway causes significantly less nitrogen oxides, non-methane hydro oxide and sulfur dioxide emissions compared to ocean transport.
- End-to-end Visibility: FlexTM Global View enables you to see the current status of the shipment and see them as turning points in shipment occur.
p style = "text-align: right;">
p style = "text-align: right;"> Source: I www.lojiport.co