The Eurasia Tunnel was selected as the World's Best Tunnel Project 2016: The Eurasia Tunnel, which connects the Asian and European continents for the first time to a highway tunnel beneath the seafloor, was awarded with the world's greatest award days before the opening. The Engineering News Record (ENR) Magazine, which has guided the construction industry and has been published in the US since 20, has chosen the Eurasia Tunnel as the Der Best Project of the World-wide 1874 gisi in the tunnel and bridge category. 2016 ATAŞ's President of the Board of Directors, Başar Arıoğlu and Seok Jae Seo, General Manager, received the historical award given to the Eurasia Tunnel in which the first passage of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan was held in New York.
Başar Arıoğlu: ept The concept of Tunneling has changed with the Eurasian Tunnel. To achieve a very complex and geological structure with a high seismic activity, reaching a depth of 106 meters, making a tunnel with a diameter of 13.7 meters long-lasting and safe; has made the project 'unique'. The successful introduction of new technologies and a distinctive aesthetic dimension in the design put the Eurasian Tunnel into a new era in world tunneling.
The Eurasia Tunnel Project, which was tendered by the Ministry of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications Directorate General of Infrastructure Investments (AYGM) on the Kazlıçeşme-Göztepe line with the Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) model and whose construction works are carried out by Yapı Merkezi and SK E&C partnership, is one of the world's most important engineering awards. was awarded one.
The Eurasia Tunnel, which allows 5 to travel on the intercontinental by car from sea to sea in minutes, added the yol Best Tunnel Project imkan to the world among many prestigious awards.
The project applauded by the world
The Eurasian Tunnel was awarded this year in the category of Tunnel and Bridges for the award of the En Best Projects in the World ve every year for the Engineering News Record (ENR) Magazine, which guides the construction industry and has been published since 1874 in the USA. Engineering News Record (ENR) Magazine Editors chose the Eurasia Tunnel as the Editör Best Tunnel Project Worldwide T for the year 2016. The editors of the Engineering News Record (ENR) are listed and rewarded with hundreds of topics and projects that are worth the news every year.
In addition to the project investors Yapı Merkezi and SK E&C officials, international technical consultants contributing to the project and leading in their field attended the award ceremony held in New York, where ENR Magazine is headquartered, on 11 October 2016.
At the ceremony, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Yapı Merkezi Holding Ersin Arıoğlu, ATAŞ Board of Directors Chairman Başar Arıoğlu and ATAŞ CEO Seok Jae Seo and ATAŞ Board Members were present.
Arıoğlu: The Eurasia Tunnel launches a new era
Delivery awarded awesome Arıoğlu Eurasia Tunnel and Turkey said it was a source of pride both in terms of world engineering. Stating that they have implemented a project that attracts the world's attention in Istanbul, Arıoğlu said:
Tır If man and machine are intertwined, there will be a 'work' like 'symphony'. To build a very complex geological structure with a high seismic activity, with a depth of 106 meters and a tunnel with a diameter of 13.7 meters, making it long-lasting and safe; made the project 'unique' and attracted the attention of the world. The Eurasian Tunnel and tunneling concepts have changed. From now on, tunnels will be considered as clean and aesthetic structures rather than being designed and constructed as narrow, dark and dirty underground structures that drivers would not want to use. The successful launch of our project will be encouraging for many projects that have not been encouraged so far; deeper, with a larger diameter, it will launch a new tunneling current further away. For these reasons, we have described the Eurasia Tunnel as a new era in tunneling. Bu
Award winner Eurasia Tunnel
The Eurasia Tunnel, which is planned to be opened on December 20, 2016, was not only selected as the Best Tunnel Project in the world, but also received many prestigious awards. The project received the '2015 Best Environmental and Social Implementation Award' awarded by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) to the most successful projects in terms of sustainability. He also won the 'Project of the Year' (ITA Major Project of the Year) award in the Major Projects category of the ITA International Tunneling Awards, organized for the first time in 2015 by the ITA - International Tunnel and Underground Structures Association. At the same time, the financing package created for the Eurasia Tunnel was deemed worthy of 4 different international awards.
President Erdoğan made the first transition
President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, 8 visited the Eurasia Tunnel construction site on October Saturday, where the works were carried out with great enthusiasm on 7 days 24 hours. Having entered the Eurasian Tunnel through his automobile of authority, President Erdoğan became the first to pass through the tunnel. During this transition, Prime Minister Binali Yildirim and Minister of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications were accompanied by Ahmet Arslan.
About Eurasia Tunnel:
As of today, the Eurasia Tunnel is completed by 92. 20 2016 will be launched on 100 in December, and the journey time will be as long as 15 minutes in Kazlıçeşme-Göztepe route.
Short, safe and comfortable travel cycle between two continents
* The Eurasia Tunnel will provide safe and comfortable travel between the two continents with its advanced technology.
Features such as modern lighting, high capacity ventilation and low slope of the road will increase the comfort of your journey.
* The two-storeyed Eurasia Tunnel will have a one-way transition from the 2 strip on each floor.
* Continuous travel in adverse weather conditions such as fog and icing will be provided.
* The key link completing the road network will be the fastest access point between the airports in Istanbul.
* Reduction of traffic density will reduce the exhaust emission rate.
* Provides significant reduction in traffic to the east of the historical peninsula.
* Bosphorus, Galata and Unkapanı bridges in the vehicle traffic will be felt as a relief.
* The structure will not harm Istanbul's silhouette.
* The Asian entrance of the Eurasia Tunnel will take place in the Harem, while the European side entrance will be in Çatladıkapı.
* Tunnel 7 days will serve 24 hours.
* Only the use of minibuses and cars will be allowed.
* Tools can pay with OGS and HGS systems. There will be no additional payment for passengers in the vehicle.
* Thanks to the emergency telephones, public announcements, radio announcements and GSM infrastructure at every 100 meter, an uninterrupted communication opportunity will be provided and the flow of information will not be interrupted in emergency situations.
* The First Response Teams with any equipment and training in the tunnel entrances and within the 7 / 24 will intervene within a few minutes of any event within the tunnel.
* The Eurasia Tunnel was designed according to an earthquake magnitude of 7,5. The system built under the Bosphorus will be able to continue its undamaged service in the biggest earthquake of 500 in Istanbul every year. The 2 bin 500 is being constructed in such a way that it can be opened to service with minor maintenance in the event of an earthquake.
Example engineering success in every aspect
The Eurasia Tunnel consists of three main sections of 14,6 kilometers. The most important stage of the project is the 3,4 km long Bosphorus Crossing. The world's most advanced TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine - Tunnel Boring Machine) technology was used for the Bosphorus Crossing. TBM progressed 8-10 meters a day and completed 3 meters and 344 months of work in August 16. In the tunnel consisting of a total of 2015 bracelets, seismic bracelets were installed at two different points in order to increase the resistance against a possible earthquake. Seismic bracelets, which are specially designed and produced after being tested and proven in laboratories, became the 'first' application in the world in the 'TBM Tunneling' sector, considering the current diameter and the level of seismic activity. In addition, high performance precast concrete segments used in the production of bracelets in the tunnel were produced in Yapı Merkezi Prefabrication Facilities with the aim of 1674 years of service time. In the analysis and simulations carried out by the international certificate organization, the ring life is reported to be at least 100 years. Within the scope of the project, regulations on tunnel approach roads on Asian and European sides continue. While the existing 127-lane roads are extended to 6 lanes, improvements are made, such as U-turn, crossroads and pedestrian level crossings.
Approximately 2 million cubic meters were excavated in the project, 700 thousand cubic meters of concrete, 70 thousand tons of iron was used. In other words, the project was excavated enough to fill the 788 olympic pool, enough to make 18 stadium, and enough iron to make 10 Eiffel Tower.
No single penny spent on public resources
Avrasya Tunnel Management Construction and Investment Inc., which will carry out the design and construction of the project. will undertake the operation of the tunnel for 24 years and 5 months. No expenditure is made from public resources for project investment. With the completion of the operation period, the Eurasia Tunnel will be transferred to the public. The project is realized with the Build-Operate-Transfer model, with a financing of approximately $ 1.245 billion. An international loan of 960 million dollars was provided for the investment. Equity of $ 285 million was provided by Yapı Merkezi and SK E&C.
The project will also provide economic contributions
* With the opening of the project, a total of 160 million TL (38 million liters) fuel savings will be achieved annually.
* Thanks to the additional capacity that will be provided on the Bosphorus crossings, the travel time will be reduced and 52 million hours will be saved annually.
* Thanks to the project, the amount of emissions emitted by the vehicles (carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxides, particulate matter, etc.) will be reduced by approximately 82 thousand tons per year and environmental contribution will be provided.
* At the same time 60 subcontractors are working in the project and 1800 is employed every day.
* Design and construction work in Turkey's economy through spending on 1,5 million per day like a business volume is being created.
* Thanks to the sharing of income from vehicle tolls, around 180 million TL state income will be provided annually including taxes.