Stockholm Metro is almost like an art gallery: Stockholm Metro, the biggest rail system in Europe, is almost like an art gallery. With its 100 station 110 and XNUMX kilometers, Sweden's capital city Stockholm is one of the largest rail systems in Europe.
The metro network, which is the most important part of the city's public transportation system, is also known as the longest art gallery in Europe, because most of its stations are organized like a museum.
The stations include works by 150 artists, including sculpture, mosaic, painting and various installations.
At the same time, the station T-Centralen, which is also the first metro station of the city, has been built by Per Olof Ultved in the 1970.
- Click to share on Facebook (opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (opens in new window)
- Click to share in WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (opens in new window)
- Click to share in the telegram (opens in new window)
- Click to share in Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share in Tumblr (opens in new window)
- Click to share via email to your friend (opens in new window)
- Click to print (opens in new window)
Related Transportation News
Similar Railway News and Other News That May Interest You
- Stockholm Metro World's Longest Art Gallery 08/02/2016 Stockholm Metro World's Longest Art Gallery: Stockholm Metro is the world's longest art exhibition with 100 station adorned with works of art. Stockholm Metro is the world's longest art exhibition with its 100 station decorated with art works. In the fifties, the Stockholm subway stations, which have begun to be decorated with art works, will be further strengthened by the extension of the subway, with the 10 station and two new platforms equipped with works of art. 680 artists who want to immortalize their works in the subway stations will be opened. However, only one of the applicants was chosen to exhibit 17 artists. Each…
- Today in History: 13 August 1993 TCDD Museum and Art Gallery opened in Izmir. 13/08/2012 13 August 1993 TCDD Museum and Art Gallery was opened in İzmir.
- Haydarpaşa Train Station is going to be an art gallery 23/09/2012 Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Mayor Kadir Topbaş answered the questions asked about the fate of the Haydarpaşa Train Station, which was on the agenda in a statement to the StarPrint. Haydarpasa Train Station is a special building. That won't be the hotel. The Ministry of Transport will partially build an administrative building, while the rest will be an art gallery. When Marmaray is engaged, there will be no need for a bus. Station starting point will not be much needed. We took the place of Etiler Police School. We are moving to the residential area where KİPTAŞ, which loses its quality of education campus, started in Çatalca. The Metropolitan will present a new zoning plan to the parliament, and an assessment will be made within the conditions of the construction of Etiler. Source: www.emlakpencerem.com
- Today in History: 13 August 1993 TCDD Museum and Art Gallery opened in Izmir. 13/08/2015 Today in History 13 August 1993 TCDD Museum and Art Gallery is opened in İzmir.
- Stockholmun metro stations like art gallery 07/01/2014 Stockholm's subway stations like the art gallery: Sweden's capital Stockholm's subway stands out with its art galleries at its stations. The 110 kilometer-long subway has an 100 stop, each of which features either a sculpture, walls or ceilings decorated with a painting or mosaics. Another feature of the metro is that many stops are located in the old caves. In 1950, he has adorned the walls of the metron with more than 150 works. People who travel by subway also have an art journey. Since the 1997 has been in the metro sanat
- Metro station not as if it was an art gallery (Photo Gallery) 07/12/2015 Metro station is not as if the art gallery: Stockholm, narrow streets, historical buildings, waterways, as if it was not nice to visit, 110 reached a place more than a kilometer: Metro stations. The Stockholm subway system offers more than just one place in the city. Metro, the longest art exhibition in the world with the length of 110 kilometers. The 90 on the Stockholm subway is decorated with sculptures, mosaics, paintings and installations made by the artist on the 100 over the 150. Kungsträdgården metro station seems to be an archaeological excavation area.
- Stockholm Metro Map 10/08/2012 Stockholm Metro Map Last updated: November 2018
- World's longest high-speed train line opened (Image Gallery) 26/12/2012 The new high-speed train line connecting China's Beijing with Guangzhou cities and reducing the time from 22 to 8 hours is now available. After successful test runs, the line is the 2 bin 398 kilometer and it is the longest high speed train in the world. When the line between Shenzen and Hong Kong is planned to be completed at 2015, it will be the first direct route between Hong Kong and the capital city of Beijing. The 300 stops at an average speed of 350 per hour. Past ...
- Leitner New Bursa Ropeway Project (Special News-Video-Picture Gallery) 07/01/2013 NEW BURSA TELEFERIC SUMMIT JOURNEY TO SUMMIT WRITING - NEW TELEPHONE CONSTRUCTION CONTINUES IN THE TEFERRUCK STATION CONTINUES MUNICIPALITY OF THE MUNICIPALITY RECEP ALTEPE RECEP ALTEPE, "WHERE THIS SUMMER WILL BE MEETING WITH MODERN TELEFERIC". Investigating the ongoing construction of the new Bursa cable car Teferrüç Station Metropolitan Mayor Recep Altepe, "This summer will be met with the modern cable car, Bursa," he said. President Altepe, the renovation work on the ongoing ropeway will take place in the Teferrüç Station poles to study the ground-breaking studies. Expressing that construction works have started in Teferrüç Station with the pouring of mortar into the poles of the new line, President Altepe has stated that ler
- Hasret venues printed money 05/02/2012 In the last two years, the 200'un over the series, film, video, videoclip and documentary filming of the garages, the railway has earned approximately 250 thousand pounds. Hasret venues printed money. During the 2010-2011 in TRAINS and stations, 200 was shot over. TCDD, about $ 250 thousand pounds from these shots have earned. The interest in the train and garages came from the highly acclaimed TV series such as James Bond, as well as world-renowned films such as 'Love Huffles' and two foreign 22 movies. According to the information given by TCDD officials, foreign and domestic filmmakers have made this gisi