Switzerland will open the second Gotthard tunnel: The Swiss Parliament decided to build a second Gotthard tunnel after a heated debate. Next to the largest tunnel of the Alpine mountains, a second passage will be opened.
The second tunnel will be drilled between 2020 and 2027. The old tunnel will be repaired after the new tunnel is opened. After the renovations are finished, a tunnel will be used in the direction of departure and the other in the direction of arrival. 2030 billion francs have been allocated for the works that will continue until 2,8.
The Social Democratic Party (SP), the Greens and the Green Liberals opposed the opening of the second tunnel. In spite of all the efforts of the left-wing parties, the Gotthard bid was approved by 109 in parliament. The Greens, who will not give up, signaled to bring the issue to a referendum. In his address yesterday, Transport Minister Doris Leuthard stressed that the Federal Council is committed to this and is not afraid of the referendum.
- Click to share on Facebook (opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (opens in new window)
- Click to share in WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (opens in new window)
- Click to share in the telegram (opens in new window)
- Click to share in Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share in Tumblr (opens in new window)
- Click to share via email to your friend (opens in new window)
- Click to print (opens in new window)
Related Transport Technology News
Similar Railway News and Other News That May Interest You
- Countdown started for Gotthard Base, the world's longest railway tunnel 28/12/2015 The world's longest railway tunnel started the countdown to Gotthard Base: The countdown for the completion of Gotthard Base, the longest tunnel in the world made by Renaissance Construction. With the completion of Gotthard, the longest railway tunnel in the world, Switzerland will be integrated into Europe's growing high-speed rail network. Founded in 1993 and listed on Engineering News Record (ENR), Europe's largest 10. Rönesans Holding, an international contracting company, adds a new success to its overseas successes. Renaissance Construction, under the roof of Renaissance Holding, continues the construction of the Gotthard Base Tunnel in the Swiss Alps. Gotthard nominated to be the longest railway tunnel in the world Dün
- Renaissance Construction of Gotthard Tunnel 04/03/2016 Renaissance Construction signature to Gotthard Tunnel: 16 billion Euro investment was made for the tunnel that will connect Switzerland and Italy with the underground. The 3 500 test drive has 57 kilometers and Rönesans Construction has the signature. Rönesans Holding is expanding its field of activity with acquisitions in Europe. Renaissance Hergiswill and 124 annually acquired the German Heitkamp. Renaissance acquired the 139 of Ballast Nedam NV, the Netherlands's annual construction company 99. The turnover target of the Renaissance in this region, which has made giant acquisitions in Europe so far, is 1 billion Euros. 1993 since its establishment in Europe as well as Turkey's ...
- The world's longest tunnel opened Gotthard Base (Video) 02/06/2016 The world's longest tunnel opened the Gotthard Base: the longest and deepest railway tunnel in the world opened the Gotthard Base, with 57 mile length and 2 bin 300 meter depth, passing under the Swiss Alps and shortening the distance between north and south of Europe. 100 has been accredited as a media member at 300 to the opening ceremony where a thousand people are expected. Christian, Muslim and Jewish clerics took part in the ceremony also took place. The opening ceremony, which started at Rynacht, near the Uri Canton, was attended by Swiss Confederation President Johann Schneider-Ammann and many ministers. Near the canton of Ticino u
- Gotthard Tunnel is printing money 08/06/2016 The Gotthard Tunnel began to print money: the tunnel is excavated, how the stones are broken, the groundwater is evacuated and the temperature is evaluated according to the images, photographs and sometimes drawings are explained. On the weekend, I traveled in the Gotthard Base Tunnel in Switzerland, which won the world's longest tunnel title in June, with the official opening of the 1 in June with the participation of European leaders. At the beginning and end of the tunnel journey, which is an important engineering and technology work, I gained an interesting experience and experience on how such a work can be made worthwhile. The introduction of a tunnel of 20 minutes cannot be done otherwise. 250 from Zurich to Milan every hour Zürih
- Gotthard tunnel ended 16/04/2016 Gotthard tunnel ends: Gotthard, which will be the longest tunnel in the world when it is completed, is preparing for a grand opening in June. Gotthard Base, the candidate to become the longest tunnel in the world, is being constructed. The tunnel, signed by Renaissance Construction, which has become the 250 in the list of sır The World's Largest 37 International Contractors X list of the international construction sector magazine Engineering News Record (ENR), which is among the most prestigious works in this field, will open in June with a magnificent ceremony. 4 THOUSAND PERSON IS WORKING IN 40 LIGHT When completed, it will be the longest tunnel in the world. Gotthard Base in the Swiss Alps is a full 40 month. Zurich…
- The Turkish stamp on Gotthard Base, the longest tunnel in the world 02/06/2016 Turkish stamp on Gotthard Base, the longest tunnel in the world: Gotthard Base, the world's longest and deepest railway tunnel, was built between the producers of the Turkish construction company Rönesans. The 57 kilometer tunnel connects Switzerland, Italy, Austria and Germany. Gotthard Base, the world's largest and deepest railway tunnel, was first introduced in 1900 in Europe after the beginning of 1947. 57 took 2 years of construction of the tunnel with a length of kilometers and a depth of 300 thousand 17 meters. Renaissance Construction from Turkey completed by the consortium that built them ...
- The second scalpel to the traffic problem in Istanbul is the Eurasian Tunnel 29/08/2016 Second lancet Eurasia Tunnel in Istanbul's traffic problem: Yavuz Sultan Selim Bridge after the traffic problem with the second scalpel Eurasian Tunnel that they will hit the Transportation Minister Arslan, 120 thousand vehicles a day voiced Transportation, Maritime Affairs and Communications Minister Ahmet Arslan, despite the coup attempt to reduce the speed of he said, the 3 will open the Eurasia Tunnel before the end of the year following the third bridge. Tunnel, planned 7 month before the 20 will be opened in December recording Arslan, said the project would block the traffic jam in the city center. Arslan said that the toll would be 12 TL + VAT. Arslan, in the tunnel and approach roads under the Bosporus Ars
- Open-top ski lift in Switzerland 18/03/2013 Open-top cable car pleasure in Switzerland Switzerland's Lucerne town of Stanserhon mountain climbing a cable car for the purpose of tourist interest is strikingly opened in Lucerne city of Lucerne Stanserhon Mountain for the purpose of tourist climbing a cable car is open to the attention. A high-rise cable car at 1900 meters above sea level allows tourists to take panoramic views. The journey starts at 711 meters above Kalti. At the same time, the two-storey cable car with two-fold can be closed to carry the tourist carries more than usual. Source: real estate
- Cable car crashed in Switzerland: 2 dead (Video) 05/08/2013 The cable car car crashes in Switzerland: 2 is dead. A couple died in the Schwyz Canton of Switzerland as a result of the fall of the ropeway car; The one-year-old children survived as seriously injured as the cable car crossing the 900 meters on the Alps. Source: tr.euronews.com
- Gothard railway in Switzerland opened to traffic again 03/07/2012 Last week, the dynamite placed around the rails was lifted in a controlled way to remove a 2 thousand cubic meter of rock falling on the rails in Gotthard railway. Click the image below to watch the explosion.