Istanbul is being knitted with iron lines: Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu's briefing from Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Mayor Kadir Topbaş also includes transportation projects. According to these projects, 38 thousand passengers per hour and 70 million 1 thousand passengers per day will be transported on 280 km of iron lines.
One of the priorities of the 62nd Government, founded under the leadership of Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu, is Istanbul. Among the projects on the agenda are the “rail system” projects that are expected to ease the traffic of Istanbul. The Ministry of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications explained the latest status of the projects in the Financial Status and Expectations Report, which reflects the situation until the middle of 2014 and its evaluations for the second half of the year.
38 KM GIANT PROJECT
While the cost of the project amounting to 4.8 billion TL within the scope of Istanbul subways is reserved, a 38 km line will be built. According to the report, it is planned to carry 70 thousand passengers per hour and 1 million 280 thousand passengers per day.
- RING-KAPIKULE: to provide the opportunity to be a bridge between Turkey and the Asia-Europe transport direction Halkalı-Kapıkule Railway Construction.
- 4. LEVENT-DARÜŞŞAFAKA: Work is underway, including the additional tunnel work with Seyrantepe connection and the Levent-Hisarüstü rail system connection. The 4.2 km line will consist of 4 stations.
- BAKIRKÖY-BAHÇELİEVLER-KİRAZLI METRO: The length of the project, which will consist of 8 stations, will be 9 km.
- BAKIRKÖY-BEYLİKDÜZÜ: The length of the project will be 25 km. The subway, which will consist of 18 stations, will be tendered.
Suburban train to Marmaray
Gebze-Haydarpaşa, Sirkeci-Halkalı It is planned to use the full appropriation of nearly 2014 billion TL in the 1.4 budget for the Improvement of the Suburban Line and Marmaray by the end of the year. 63 km long Gebze-Halkalı The existing double line railway 3 will be removed and the passage of the Bosphorus with the Bosphorus Tube Crossing will be ensured between the Yenikapı-Söğütlüçeşme railway.
The rail system will fly!
- ATATÜRK AND SABİHA GÖKÇEN CONNECT: Tender preparations continue for railway connections to Atatürk and Sabiha Gökçen Airports in Istanbul. The study and project work of the project, which includes 4 km Atatürk Airport and 9 km Sabiha Gökçen Airport connection, was completed in mid-2011.
- HIGHWAY RAIL TRANSPORTATION: An allowance of 2014 million TL was allocated in the 64 budget for the Halkapınar-Otogar Railway Connection work. When the project works of the 4.5 km metro line are completed, the construction tender will be launched.
- RAIL SYSTEM TO THIRD AIRPORT: 1.8 million TL was allocated for the rail system connection to the Third Airport, which is under construction. When the study project is completed, work will begin.