- Airport Waste
The Chairman of the Board of Directors, Candan Karlıtekin, who contributed significantly to the growth of Turkish Airlines, was invited to the 3. Evaluated the airport. Karlıtekin project for 'wasting' he said.
The event will be held in Istanbul 3. Candan Karlıtekin gave an interview in the news about the location of the airport just above the bird migration routes and the adverse weather conditions of the region.
Here's the interview:
- How do you evaluate the airport?
- Once this field is 3. Not the airport. It is the new airport of Istanbul which will replace Atatürk Airport (AHL) and cost at least 10 billion dollars. The Ministry has declared that it will close the AHL and that 25 will not grant any other area permission throughout the year. Each investment can be made after the cost. Especially if this investment has a monopoly character and sufficient income coverage is given.
Is Istanbul's air transport capacity sufficient?
- My basic claim is this; you make a parallel runway for AHL and Sabiha Gökçen at a cost of two billion dollars. It is therefore unnecessary to make a new airport, a waste of resources. Even the busiest areas in the largest cities do not reach 120 million. Sky flight corridors above this capacity may not be available during normal operating hours. There is no feasibility of capacity calculation taking into account the diameter of the passenger and cargo collection basin served by the area. The possibility arising from the removal of military facilities from the AHL should be evaluated. As far as I know, the train line to Europe can be passed through Çorlu at a distance of 100. There will be an area that will serve 90-8 years later and typically serve as a remote service destination with a flight range above 10-7. If this area is passed to AHL, 8-20 can be provided in minutes with high speed trains. Sabiha Gökçen also meets a serious runway with a parallel runway if Istanbul's inevitable growth needs are planned to be extended to the north towards Izmit.
Could the intention to open new zoning areas behind the insistence on the new project?
- In fact, evaluating the new airport alone is like looking for the right answer to the wrong question. The new airport, Kanal Istanbul and surrounding settlements, a new city with 2-3 million inhabitants in North-West Istanbul, North Istanbul Highway and 3. The correct analysis cannot be done without taking the Bosphorus Bridge together. Clearly I say; Growing Istanbul and further crowding is a mistake in itself. In doing so, it is to spread the session of Istanbul to the north, and especially to enlarge Istanbul on the European side; strategic, political, economic, demographic, ecological and other environmental influences and climate. In no period of history, people did not use northern Istanbul for settlement purposes. If you take these basic objections into consideration, you don't even need to talk about the new airport.
The damage to the environment of the city to be established in the north comes to the agenda. What are the disadvantages of the economy?
- As you enlarge the European side, you will have to build new bridges and tube passages due to the transition of people and goods to Anatolia. It is also necessary to consider the additional transportation time and cost of millions of passengers. Motorway and rail transport system investments that will be required to minimize the incidence problem should also be taken into account. The public will spend a great deal on these investments before the airport is opened. The tenderers will pay the installments in 25 per year. Even environmental impact assessment studies are a serious issue that should take years. It is good to accelerate the economy with the construction sector, but for this it should give priority to other investments with superior economic reality.
How do you see the tender airport in terms of operating and navigational safety?
- According to AHL and Sabiha Gökçen, operating the new airport is also more disadvantageous in terms of both field services and effects on the course of climatic conditions and flight safety. The prevailing winds of Istanbul blow south from the Black Sea in 85 percent of the year and the climatic conditions are much harsher.
Source : http://www.airturkhaber.com