Great shock to Ankara
The tender for the 'Başkentray' tender for the rebuilding of Ankara's suburban train lines was canceled.
The tender for the reconstruction of Ankara suburban lines, also known as "Başkentray", held on 25 April last year and 17 local and foreign companies bid, was canceled by the Public Procurement Authority. The "Başkentray" tender, which is the reconstruction project of Ankara - Sincan - Kayaş train lines and stations, was held on April 17 with the participation of 25 companies last year. The lowest bid for the project, for which an approximate cost of 350 million 832 thousand 791 euros was determined by TCDD, was made by the Gülermak-Kolin Business Partnership with 186 million 235 thousand 935 euros and won the tender.
After the completion of the tender, the Austrian company Porr Bau GmbH, which made the second lowest bid, applied to the court to challenge the result of the tender. The court found the Austrian company justified and decided to suspend the execution and handed over the tender to Porr Bau Gmbh. Upon this, 3 more companies applied to the Public Procurement Authority and the tender process was prolonged.
'WE COULD NOT TENDER'
TCDD General Manager Süleyman Karaman evaluated the prolongation of the process regarding the Başkentray tender held a year ago and said, “We still haven't been able to tender Başkentray. The suburbs are not working, we have trouble, ”he said.
110 MILLION PASSENGER
The Ankara-based Başkentray Project, which will make a great contribution to Ankara's urban passenger transportation, incorporates many innovations. When completed, Ankara-Istanbul, Ankara-Konya and Ankara-Sivas high-speed train projects will be provided by the Başkentray Project, which is planned to carry 36 million passengers annually. The most recent tender for the new tender has not been finalized yet.
Source : www.aksam.com.t is