Attracting attention with its investments in railway transportation in Central Asia, Uzbekistan also caught hands with neighboring Afghanistan.
Formerly, the first railway project in Afghanistan, Uzbekistan Railways (ÖDY), now rolled up their sleeves for the second project.
Uzbekistan will build 230 kilometers long railroads as part of the new project, whose feasibility studies have been completed. The new railway network that will connect the Mezar-i Sharif in the north of the country to the province of Herat is planned to be completed in the 2013-2015 range. This project will be the second railway construction project in Uzbekistan. The new rail network is expected to cost around $ 450 million.
The first railway project in Uzbekistan, the 75 kilometer, the Tirmiz-Mezar Sherif railway line, was completed at 2010. The project, financed by the Asian Development Bank (EIB), cost around $ 170 million.
- Click to share on Facebook (opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (opens in new window)
- Click to share in WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (opens in new window)
- Click to share in the telegram (opens in new window)
- Click to share in Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share in Tumblr (opens in new window)
- Click to share via email to your friend (opens in new window)
- Click to print (opens in new window)
Related Transportation News
Similar Railway News and Other News That May Interest You
- Uzbekistan wants to build rail in Afghanistan 02/02/2013 Uzbekistan Railways is reported to be ready to establish a railway linking Afghanistan to the cities of Mezar-i Sharif and Kabul. Nevruz Erkinov, the official of the State Railways Authority of Uzbekistan, said at the press conference that the total length of the Uzbek railway company, which connects Hayratan and Mezar-i Sharif cities of Afghanistan, on the border of Uzbekistan in 2010, has completed the construction of the 106 kilometer railway and 10 railway bridge. Erkinov said that they were ready to establish a railway line that would link the railway, which extends to Mezar-i Sharif, in the future, first to the capital Kabul, then to the Iranian border of Afghanistan. In the 2010 of the State Railways of Uzbekistan, the Asian Development Bank Demir
- Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan launch United Transport and Logistics Project 16/11/2012 Necessary documents for the establishment of the United Transport and Logistics Company (UTLC) between the governments of Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan will be prepared by the end of the year. On May 2012, Russian Railways, Kazakhstan Temir Zholy and Belarusian Railways signed the CES agreement on the development of the transport and logistics system. Source: Raillynews
- China-Kyrgyzstan-Uzbekistan Trans-Asian railway project begins 21/02/2012 The construction of the China-Kyrgyzstan-Uzbekistan railway project, which has been on the agenda for a long time, is starting this year. The railway network that will connect China and Central Asia will cost about 2 billion dollars. The Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan Ömürbek Babanov signed the project text of the railway. The project, whose construction will begin this year, is expected to be completed at 2018. The construction of the railway is aimed at a total of 10 thousand people. The length of the road that will be established on the route of the historical Silk Road and connect the three countries to each other 268 kilometers The 48 tunnel, 95 bridge and 4 station will be located on the route. 3 thousand 500 people will be employed in the operation of the railway. Kyrgyzstan and Central Asia Kır
- Uzbekistan railway begins construction 14/02/2013 It is reported that Uzbekistan will start construction of a railway that will connect the cities of Mezari Sharif and Andhoy to neighboring Afghanistan this year. SIGAR (Special Reconstruction for Reconstruction), which is preparing a report for the US Congress, will start the construction of the 2013 kilometer railway which will connect the cities of Afghanistan's Mezari Sharif and Andhoy in 230. specified. According to the action plan agreed by 2012 country officials at the October 10 in China, 2015 members of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Program (CAREC), the said railway is expected to be completed in XNUMX, the Sherhan-Bandar-Kunduz-Hulm-Nayabad -Andhoy-Herat is part of the railway project -A
- Completion of Uzbekistan Railway Line at 2016 30/04/2013 Uzbekistan Railway Line is to be Completed at 2016 Uzbekistan will build a railway line connecting the Fergana valley in the east of the country directly to other regions. The President of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov, in his speech at the meeting of the Andijan province, stated that the railway connection with the other regions of the country, Fergana valley where the Andican, Fergana and Namangan provinces were not developed too much. About 10 million people living in the Fergana valley of other regions of the lack of railway connection to the lack of Kerimov stressed that they do not have long since the government to connect the Fergana valley with other parts of the country and the high mountain pass through the 125 kilometer "Angren-Pap" railway construction project on N
- InterRail and CRIMT cooperate for transport services in Uzbekistan-China 12/04/2012 InterRail Trans-Siberian Express Ltd, a subsidiary of InterRail Holding AG (Switzerland) in Russia, has signed an agreement with China Railway Transport International Multimodals (CRIMT) for the coordination of Uzbekistan rail freight transport. CRIMT, China Railway Container Transport Co., which specializes in international container transportation activities. is a subsidiary of. The logistics center of the project will be the Tashkent Chukursay station. Interrail and Uzbek team will be responsible for overseeing the use of containers and vehicles between the railway and Uzbekistan. The agreement may soon be extended to neighboring countries Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan. Source: Raillynews
- Fast train commences between Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan 28/12/2013 Fast train service begins between Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan: Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan capitals Astana-Tashkent between the high-speed train service begins. Kazakhstan Transport and Communication Minister Askar Cumagaliyev held a press conference during the year told the activities. Talking about the developments in the field of railways, Cumagaliyev said that they opened the new high-speed train line 3 including Astana-Almaty, Almaty-Tashkent and Almaty-Aktobe. Underlining that railways are the most reliable choice in transportation, Minister Cumagaliyev pointed out that the train services would increase and that in the next year a new high-speed train line between Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan and Astana in the capital of Kazakhstan would be opened. Kazakhstan's national Kazakistan
- Iran's Uzbekistan Train Expeditions Begins 06/11/2015 Iran-Uzbekistan train services begin: Germany, Iran and Uzbekistan, which started investments in Iran, announced that they will start railroad construction. The German Ministry of Interior announced that a German company will construct a historical and traditional railway line between Iran, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. İRİB Foreign Publications According to the statement made by the Uzbek news service, the German Ministry of the Interior press officer made a written statement that the railway line to Iran will be opened between Ashgabat and Tehran next year and then it will be forwarded to Tashkent, Samarkand and Bukhara.
- Railways Network Increases from Uzbekistan to China 14/08/2018 Uzbekistan started electrification of railways from Kyrgyzstan to China Uzbekistan Railways announced that it has begun the electrification of railroads extending from China to Kyrgyzstan. The same company reported that the electrification of the part of Pap-Namangan-Andijan, which combines the east of Uzbekistan with Kyrgyzstan and China, was planned. In the coming years, Özbekiston Temir Yullari, which connects China-Central Asia-Europe and the international transit railway corridor will be provided with power lines, announced the first procurement tenders for the project for the construction of traction transformers, signaling and SCADA communication systems. The project loan proposals that will be funded by the Asian Development Bank will be adopted until September in 21. In July, this railway line Temmuz
- Preliminary Work for Kozana Railway Line 19/03/2016 Preliminary Work Began for Kozana Railway Line: Preliminary work is started for the railroad to come to Kozan district of Adana. Ak Party Adana Deputy Tamer Dagli, State Railways 6.Bölge Director Mustafa Çopur and Kozan District Governor Avni Oral met with representatives of non-governmental organizations, the district was exchanged ideas for the preliminary work for the railroad to come. Kozan Chamber of Commerce meeting hall in the meeting held in the district of Osmaniye Kadirli earlier preliminary work was initiated on the railway line Adana-Imamoglu-Kozan and passing through Kadirli Osmaniye said that the preliminary work will be connected to the point. In the meeting, Kozan and…