The Republic of Turkey State Railways (TCDD), 29 enter service in October planned Asia and connects the bottom of the sea for the European continent "Century Project" began its improvement efforts in the railway line to be converted into surface metro part of the Marmaray.
Within the framework of the works, Istanbulites, books, poems and movies, sad places of separation and reconciliation will leave some of the historical train stations. According to the project criteria, some stations will be renewed where they are, some of them will be rebuilt by moving their places.
Marmaray, defined as the "Project of the Century", is planned to be put into service on October 29th.
KAZLIÇEŞME-HALKALI WILL BE CLOSED ON 1 MARCH
Within the scope of Marmaray, the existing suburban system will be closed in stages to transform it into a surface metro. In the context of the work of transforming the suburbs of Istanbul into the surface subway and 3, Kazlıçeşme-Halkalı from 1 March, the train traffic will be interrupted. Transportation will be provided by the buses in the course.
Preparations were made by TCDD, General Directorate of Infrastructure Investments, and Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality and related municipalities.
In the first place Halkalı-Kucukcekmece between the daily 15 105 bus, between the Küçükçekmece-Yenikapı 40 bellows bus to the daily 200 voyage will be made.
The suburban trains will continue to be operated between Yedikule and Sirkeci. A train will run every 15 per minute on this track.
HAYDARPAŞA- PENDİK LINE CLOSES THE WRITING
Within the scope of the works, the construction areas will progress in stages. In this context, with the agreement of the relevant institutions, the existing line between Pendik-Gebze was closed on April 29, 2012. Haydarpaşa-Pendik line is expected to be shut down in the summer of 2013.
1 MILLION PASSENGER WILL BE TAKEN ON THE DAY
Marmaray, which is very important in terms of providing uninterrupted transportation, will significantly reduce travel time.
The most important stations in this process are Kazlıçeşme, Yenikapı (underground), Sirkeci (underground), Üsküdar (underground), which provides tunnel and throat tube passage between Kazlıçeşme (European Tunnel Entrance) and Ayrılıkçeşme (Anatolian Tunnel Entrance) which are the starting points of the two-point connection. six) stations will.
In the Haydarpaşa-Pendik line, 12 trains and 176 flights per day mean 71 thousand and 77 million passengers per year, Sirkeci-Halkalı On the line, while an average of 9 thousand passengers and an average of 126 million passengers per year are transported with 66 trains and 53 flights per day, this number will reach 1 million per day with the introduction of Marmaray.
After the closure of the lines between Haydarpaşa and Pendik, the personnel employed in the TCDD staff and the personnel employed will be trained in Marmaray operation and then they will be assigned to Kazlıçeşme-Ayrılıkçeşme Tube / Tunnel Marmaray operations.
Kazlıçeşme-Halkalı After the closure of the lines between the personnel working here, business preparations will be shifted to the Marmaray tube passage, will be channeled to the trainings related to this region and will be commissioned on 30 September 2013 Kazlıçeşme-Ayrılıkçeşme will be assigned to the operation of the Marmaray.
CARGO TRAIN TRANSPORT WILL CONTINUE
When Marmaray is put into operation, it is foreseen to run as many freight trains as needed, including 21 freight trains from Europe and 21 freight trains from Asia.
After the completion of High Speed Train works between Marmaray and Arifiye-Pendik, domestic outline passenger train services (according to passenger demands and needs) can be planned.
HAYDARPAŞA GUARANTEE HISTORY
Haydarpaşa Station, the gateway of Istanbul to Anatolia, the starting point of the historical Anatolian-Baghdad and Hejaz railways, was put into service on September 22, 1872, with the start of the Haydarpaşa-Pendik line. The old building of Haydarpaşa Train Station was insufficient due to the increase in the capacity of the railway and the opening of the port and dock, which was started in 1903. Sultan II. Abdülhamid, the construction of the new station building ”I built so many kilometers of railroads to the country, the end of the steel rails is in Haydarpaşa. It is not clear that I built a harbor with its huge buildings. He ordered me to build such a building where those rails meet the sea so that when my ummah looked, he would say, 'Do you get out of here and go to Mecca without getting off at all?'
The new station building was determined as a result of the architectural project competition and Philipp Holzmann & Co. Architects and engineers Otto Ritter and Helmut Cuno won. The new Haydarpaşa Train Station, whose construction started on May 30, 1906, was completed on August 19, 1908 and was officially opened on November 4, 1909.
Although the Germans carried out the project, Italian stonemasons worked in the construction besides German and Turkish workers. Gar took its name from an Ottoman statesman. There are two Haydar Pashas in Ottoman history. First of all, he lived between 1512 and 1595, where the vineyards were gifted in return for the Kavak Palace he built for Suleiman the Magnificent, and carried out works such as road, irrigation, bridge, barracks, swamp drying in Anatolia with the most advanced understanding according to his time, and he was the Governor of Sivas and Algeria. then Sultan II. Haydar Pasha, who was brought to the "Dome Viziership" in the period of Selim. The second Haydar Pasha was the Sultan III. Haydar Pasha, who lived in the Selim period and built a barracks on his vast land in the district ...
III. The fact that Evliya Çelebi, who lived long before the Selim period, mentions Haydar Pasha's vineyards in his Travel Book strengthens the claim that Haydar Pasha was the first person to name the district.
Neorönesans The station building, which is an effective example of classical German architecture, is one of the symbols of Istanbul with its monumental mass dominating the Marmara Sea and the environment.
The floors of the 21-storey station building, each of which is 1100 meters long and built on 5 wooden piles, were made of pink granite, and the carrier and divider walls were made of brick. The stones used were brought from Lefke-Osmaneli, Hereke and Vezirhan. The facade of the building is made of yellow-green Lefke (Osmaneli) stone, and the roof covering is made of slate stone.
After the War of Independence was won, Haydarpaşa Train Station was taken back from the British occupation forces on September 25, 1923, and the Haydarpaşa-Eskişehir line was purchased and nationalized on December 31, 1928.
Behiç Erkin, the founding General Manager of the national railways, and the "General Directorate of Anatolian-Baghdad Railways" established on 24 May 1924 served in this building for a period.
many times in his journey between Ankara and Istanbul, Republic of Turkey founder Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, who met at this historic station, the last time on May 27, 1938 came to the Haydarpaşa Train Station.
Haydarpaşa Station, which gained the title of the biggest station building in the Middle East at the time of its construction, has an important place in the social memory. This place, where countless separations and reunions took place, also witnessed disasters.
During the First World War, in the fire that broke out as a result of the sabotage organized on September 1, 6, a battalion of soldiers who were waiting to go to the front burned to death, the roof and towers of the building burned. Haydarpaşa Train Station and many buildings in its field, which was bombed by British planes in 1917, were destroyed. The roof of the building was rebuilt in the 1918s.
The stained glass made by the German artist O. Linneman, which was broken in the tanker accident off the Haydarpaşa breakwater in 1979, were renewed by the stained glass artist Şükriye Işık in the subsequent restoration.
The roof of the historical building was burned in the fire on 28 November 2010, restoration work continues.
Haydarpaşa Gar and the environment around the plan for the evaluation of conservation work continues.
The foundation of Sirkeci Train Station, Istanbul's gateway to Europe, was laid on February 11, 1888 with a great ceremony. The magnificent station building, built by German architect and engineer A. Jasmund, was opened on November 3, 1890. Coming to Istanbul to make examinations on oriental architecture and Sultan II. Having gained the trust of Abdulhamid, Berlin University graduate Jasmund, who became the consulting architect of the palace, emphasized a particular point while preparing the project of the station building. Istanbul was where the west ended and the east started. In other words, it was the point where east and west meet. For this reason, the building should be implemented in an orientalist style, and regional and national form patterns should be included.
Brick bands were used on facades to reflect this style. Pointy arched windows, the Seljuk period stone doors, reminiscent of a large entrance door made. The stained-glass windows finished this style.
The base of the building was made with granite, marble on the façade and stones brought from Marseille Arden. Large tiled stoves brought from Austria were installed in the waiting rooms. Lighting of the building was provided by 300 gas lanterns placed in various places.
Source: Internet News