Istanbul Trams 99 Age
11 1914 99 99 XNUMX XNUMX XNUMX XNUMX XNUMX XNUMX XNUMX XNUMX is one of the most beautiful ornaments of Istanbul photographs and used for many years in public transportation services. year. In this special day which is important for the history of IETT, nostalgic tram passengers will be greeted with tulles.
Electric factory established for trams
The trams, which are considered to be the militant of public transportation in Istanbul and famous for their varieties, provide uninterrupted service for forty-three years until 1914. Upon the start of the Balkan War, when the horses in the hands of the Tram Company are compulsorily enlisted, transportation services in the city are interrupted for a while. Seeing that it is not possible for this situation to continue for a long time, the Ottoman Empire started to work for the transition to electricity. Thereupon In the 1913 11 Silahtarağa Turkey's first electric plant was established in February xnumx't before the tram network, then supplying electricity to the city.
The force center was built on the Anatolian Side
Electric trams, which first started to serve in the Suriçi area on the European side, are placed on the Asian side with a delay of fifteen years. In 1928, a force center is built in Bağlarbaşı for feeding tram lines in this region. On the same date, the first tram line of the Anatolian Side was also put into service between Üsküdar and Kısıklı.
At the end of 1950's life tempo in Istanbul with the increase in the trolley's trolleybars to the new search by giving reason to think that the trams can not keep up. In the 1961, electric trams continue to serve on the Asian side for a while while they farewell to their passengers on the European side. However, there is also 1966 14 in November, leaving the last voyage from the passengers. After the thirty years without a tram, the people of Istanbul are restored to their old friends when the year shows 1991.
An example of electric trams is taken from the museum in Kuşdili and returned to life again in the hands of İETT craftsmen. The veteran wagons, whose name is now nostalgic tram, are put into service at the beginning of 1991 in Taksim-Tunnel line on İstiklal Street, which is undergoing pedestrianization works. This situation is Istanbulites, but most of the old passengers are happy. Over time, the nostalgic tram, which has become one of the most important symbols of the city, quickly becomes the focus of attention of local and foreign tourists.
SMALL BUT CUTE
• All parts of the nostalgic tram vehicles that have nostalgic value for Istanbul and serve under the roof of IETT Rail System Directorate are original.
• The nostalgic tram cars, which take their energy from the overhead line, are moving at the same time from Taksim and Tünel. Because the system is working on a single rail, Galatasaray changes its scissors in midpoint.
• There are five stops, three of which are nostalgic tram (Tünel, Galatasaray, Taksim), two of which are optional (Odakule, Ağacamii) - rinsed as a rider.
1.870-25 30 2 500 XNUMX XNUMX XNUMX XNUMX XNUMX
• The service is carried out with the 3 motris and 2 wagons.
• Expeditions start at 07.00 in the morning and continue until 23.00 at night.
• The tram is carrying 25 people at a time. If the double wagon is running, this number is doubled.
• Nostalgic tram 7 is moving every minute. Taksim-Tunel journey takes 15 minutes. This period may vary according to the pedestrian density of Istiklal Street.
• Maintenance and repairs of the vehicles carefully maintained by IETT are carried out in the tram workshop in Taksim.
• In the first years when the electric tram started to operate, only one soldier could ride on each tram. Others had to either hang back or go on the step.
• Three-passenger trams were used on the Bebek-Taksim and Bebek-Eminönü lines. These lines, however, were always too crowded.
• In spite of the occasional price increases, trams maintained the status of being the cheapest means of transport at every turn. After the tram crossing from the Galata bridge, the 'Bridges' Picture' was added to the tickets.
• The people of the tram company, who were also thinking about the illiterate people, added a small picture of that area to the post as well.
• Tramways operating in the Suriçi area would pass through İstiklal Street, in Beyoğlu, Istanbul's entertainment, fashion and shopping center.
Trams began to operate on the streets of Istanbul and the people's intense interest, the inhabitants of other neighborhoods also wanted to take advantage of this new transportation tool. The Üsküdar people, who took action primarily on this issue, used the following statements in their application with a petition dated 28 August 1872 where there are many signatures:
Tır Despite the fact that the people of Istanbul were able to enjoy the comfort and ease of their arrival in the city of Istanbul on the occasion of the trolley cars built with the help of our Sultan, the Muslim and non-Muslim people of Üsküdar have not yet been able to reach this nimete. One side of the party relaxed and the other side of this nimetten deprivation of anyone's consent should not be willing. In this respect, we would like to make sure that a tram line from Üsküdar pier to Çamlıca is please and compassionate. Bakım
TUNING WAS COMPLETED
Jumping off the tram had a warp. Slowly and elegantly face down and your body is facing in the direction the tram goes, you leave yourself to the gap, about half a meter away from the tram, and when your feet touch the ground, you begin to run in the direction where the tram starts to go. Since this running is a braking run, your body is inclined backwards. You should be very careful when you jump. Because the lines pass through the middle of the street, if you have a car on your right could have a very serious accident.
In addition, a young person 'Istanbulli' to be able to say in a period of his life, should definitely be hung behind the tram. You could go for a trailer connection and push the ledges where one foot could fit comfortably, hold on to the cable outlets and pay no money, but pay attention to the ticket maker! An angry ticketmaker can open the rear window and hit it with a wooden ticket box, and it can frighten you.
Vatman: The tram driver.
Vardacı: The person in front of the horseback with a bugle in the hand of a horse during the tram tram (self-protection) shouting to stop the pedestrians yelling.
Arşe: Equipment that transfers energy from the overhead line to the tram.
Drum: The trambell that warns travelers to step aside.
Discretionary stall: If the trolley has a passenger who will land or ride, it is a stopover when he is not a passenger.
Advance the advance: The tram completes the voyage ahead of time.
Tornistan: Return of the tram before it reaches the destination.
Sahanlık: The space behind the tram car.
Hanging, goes to the warehouse: It was used to remove the young girls who are very disturbing girls.
His trolley chewed the trolley:
Coming out of the way Vatman: A frequently repeated rhyme.
Trams such as the trolley came out: Demented by his wife, but not aware of the situation for men (in the sense of the horn) used in the statement.
Source : www.iett.gov.t is