High-Level Conference on Middle East Railway Projects
"Projects and Predictions for Railways in the Middle East Region" Towards a Competitive Railway Transport System in the Middle East Region within the scope of the 2012 Action Plan of the International Railways Association (UIC) Middle East Regional Board (RAME), chaired by TCDD General Manager Süleyman Karaman, 4 It was held on the 5th of November in Amman, the capital of Jordan.
The conference was hosted by the Jordanian Ministry of Transport and the Jordanian Railways ARC and HJR, as well as transport ministers and representatives from the Middle East, the President / General Director of the UIC, and the RAME member Railways / CEOs.
With the conference;
- Demonstrate the potential of an interconnected, high-performance rail network for the Middle East region, which also connects Europe, the Middle East and Asia,
- Lobbying for rail transport more generally as a sustainable solution,
- Propaganda and promotion of all railway projects in the Middle East region,
- Providing strong support from governments and international organizations, including financial institutions,
- Objectives such as attracting potential investors and business partners (joint ventures and partnerships, project financing, public / private partnerships etc.) to play a strong role in the development of the rail transport system in the region were targeted.
Source : www.tcdd.gov.tr By