Rail System Cluster Demand and agenda: Rail System Cluster Demand and agenda: OSTİM is a cooperative established to “provide space” to those who produce goods and services. Today, it is a production area in the heart of Ankara where many different equipment are produced and services are provided. OSTIM management has realized that not only space development is enough, but also the importance and value of developing the quality and quantity of the works together. He made the idea that increasing the intellectual capacity in the individual plan is not enough, that it is necessary to improve the system capacity, and love was sought.
Cities are developing fast in our country. Local administrations make "rail system investments" (tram, light rail and metro) in cities with a population of more than 500 thousand. A study has been initiated to highlight “domestic contribution opportunities” in the production of equipment for rail systems. A “Rail Systems Cluster” was created… An “evaluation meeting” was held with the participation of manufacturers in different areas that could provide input to the system. Some thoughts came to the fore at the meeting:
“In standard technologies, we can increase the domestic contribution rate above 70 percent.
“Our country has the potential in software, we can produce all kinds of software in a very short time.
“There are serious deficiencies in adaptation to electronic equipment and tools; We can overcome it with a consistent policy and practice.
“Considering the demand created by urbanization in our country, the acceleration of urbanization worldwide and the increasing need for urban transportation, we are faced with a very serious demand.
"First of all," dynamic legislation "is required for our country. In this context, public tenders and procurement contracts should be rearranged based on national cost / benefit analysis.
“Currently, a process in which approximately 33 types of vehicles are imported and our country has become a complete" vehicle garbage dump "is progressing rapidly.
"Motor and drive traction systems" critical production area "In order to be successful in this regard, breakthroughs are required to carry the existing gains to a higher level.
“There is a need for a policy design and implementation that will increase the rate of“ domestic contribution ”in rail system production with a“ State Policy ”that takes into account all possibilities and constraints.
“It is also necessary to redesign R&D supports according to the new targets to be determined, to determine the priorities and to calculate the level of impact.
Detailed comments took place in the news of Dünya Newspaper… Rail Systems seem to be one of the production areas where we can “create a competitive advantage” since it is a traditional production-oriented field.
The "Rail Systems Cluster" should determine its area of responsibility and mission priorities ... Our recommendation is to take the following steps quickly:
1. Let's review our method of doing business: Our observation in the depths of our country proves that we do not question our "method of doing business" much. We have not reached the stage of doing business with "files" that are based on a research, report, documentation and information, make "convincing justifications" into writing, materialize information and ideas with benefit / cost analysis. This attitude traps us in the "piecemeal approach" trap. Approaches that take into consideration the “whole” of the problem also suffer from reductionist perception. For this reason, the "Rail System Cluster" should first question the "way of doing business". We should have a breakdown of what we have done so far.
2. There is a lack of information: The second step for the success of the Rail System Cluster is to quickly meet the need for clear information. In which production area do we have the performance to compete? We need clear information on the resources we have at our disposal to answer the question. We say and write a lot: There are three steps to protecting our existence in today's world. Having clear information, coordinating resources effectively and focusing on certain areas.
In order to make the Rail System Cluster successful, a “dynamic inventory” related to the sector must first be prepared… A breakdown of all workplaces that will provide input and contribute to the sector must be made. Our knowledge about the experience, know-how, capacity and technical possibilities of these workplaces should be sufficient… In a more technical way, if our knowledge about “existing physical capital” is not sufficient, unnecessary investments can be made while creating new capacity and technical opportunities. The very basic tool to prevent unnecessary machine purchases and technology investments is to have "clear information".
3. Creating a common language: Rail System Cluster is a very important step. The fact that the sector professionals act together with an experienced organization such as ÖSTİM creates the opportunity to use the experience, awareness and perspective of many years. This sub-sector needs to "create a common language" in order to take the step taken under the leadership of OSTIM one step higher… Bursa, Eskişehir, Sakarya, Sivas, Konya, Kayseri, Ankara etc. Our regions with rail system accumulation should not act separately. The important thing is to mobilize our country's know-how about the rail system; In this regard, one should not be caught in the trap of the "town culture, I do not have it with someone else". Proposals based on political will and bureaucracy should be presented, based on the "common language", in order to act together, grow the cake and win together.
As important as “objective information about our possibilities and constraints” is based on a dynamic inventory, the more important is common values, common will, common benefits, common projects and common institutions, derived from objective information. "Common language" is the basis of the explanation, understanding, spreading, deepening, diversification, coloring and enrichment of all these joint efforts that create unity of power and effectiveness.
The Rail System Cluster makes the necessary effort on "common language"; If it gets effective results, especially the media's contribution increases. The media fulfills its purpose properly when it informs its function in the compilation, packaging and distribution of information in a common language.
4. The need for dynamic legislation: "Dynamic legislation" is one of the most important steps to increase the domestic coefficient of production in production of Rail Systems, to meet the domestic need, and to evaluate the potential emerging worldwide ... Changing according to the needs created by the changes in the business environment, directing, regulating and controlling There is a need for a legislative structure that fulfills its function. For example, public procurement “contracts” are the subject of constant complaint… We are talking about the contracts that determine the address… Let's question ourselves: At today's stage, have we carried the legislative proposals concerning the whole rail systems and including the contracts to the bureaucracy and political will? Have we communicated the similarities of legislation applied in the same sector around the world, their differences, the possibilities and constraints of our country, the "draft texts" that maximize the benefit of our country and minimize their costs?
From time to time, we say and complain that the bureaucracy and politicians do not sufficiently examine and know the real conditions of the country. As the people of Kayseri say, the principle of "complaint, unity" does not come to mind. Now, one of the main responsibilities of the Rail System Cluster is that we should put the legislative proposals to be prepared together with the lawyers and practitioners in writing and convey them to the relevant authorities ... If we set out with a "demanding" perception, we will be stuck again in the deadlock that we have not been able to get out of for about 70 years.
5.Corporate oversight and supervision: Communities that have operating institutions and which reduce deviations from principles and rules by institutional oversight and control, participate in the development caravan. The Rail System Cluster should also clarify the design of the organization to achieve the targets set. What is required to create common institutions. What will be the supervisory and supervisory powers of these institutions? How will the limits of the authorities and responsibilities be determined in order to correct deviations and secure progress?
The Rail System Cluster should make clear recommendations about the "institutional structure and functioning" along with the "legislative proposals".
5. State policy: Almost everyone in the Rail System Cluster discussions emphasized the need for a "state policy determination" that does not change frequently and does not differ as the powers change, in order to use the country's potentials. As observed in the development of South Korea, the direction of the state policy is very important ... However, such a policy is effective when it is based on the real needs determined by those who are at hand. This requires those at hand to clearly define what they want.
"State policy" is a very general and categorical expression. The details of the components and contexts of this narrative need to be clarified. What do we want? Why do we want it? What is the benefit of what we want? What are the costs of getting our request enough? How is the balance of benefits and costs established? What is the time dimension of our requests? Do we want continuous supports, do we foresee gradual transitions? Do we favor a competitive structure or a protective perception? Etc. Didn't the political will fulfill the “we suggested a state policy” by asking the questions as far as possible, discussing them and giving their answers without leaving a gap?
6. Need for publicity: Transporting the works to open environments after closed doors is another component of the way of doing business. The first step of the promotion is to move the communication between the producers determined by the dynamic inventory to the required intensity, widespread and depth… A sector that cannot establish clear communication among themselves creates “confusion” by using different languages in media communication and neglecting the conceptual components. First of all, creating communication among the sector professionals and informing the media one step later are very important tools that will affect the development of the sector.
Internal communication, media information, public opinion and mass support are an effective way of protecting the rights and interests of the sector. If we question how much we do our part for progressing in this way, we determine our possibilities and constraints, increase our credibility in publicity and take bigger mass energy behind us.
7.Evaluation: The success of the Rail System Cluster is meaningful in many different ways: First, it is an indicator of how much we can use our existing potentials in a production area where traditional technologies and advanced technologies are used together ... If we want to switch from medium technologies to advanced technologies, if we want to produce high value-added productions. There is no better example than the production of rail systems. Second, if we want to measure our intellectual and system capacity in the field of net information source inventory, legislation that reduces transaction costs and creates trust, rail systems are a suitable production area… A production area that will show how much we can modernize the country's accumulations from the pre-Republican era. Third, rail systems include electronic and computing technologies as well as traditional technologies… Where it can be meaningful to create appropriate transitions between technologies and give examples of using holistic technology…
When I finish sharing my observations, I'll call the calcic call: I don't want to be approved; I want to try to understand what I mean. If there are any outliers, I hope to publish them in this column. I believe that it is necessary to reach the common mind, which has a depth and effectiveness, by discussing very loudly.
Source : I www.dunya.co