Due to the work to be done at Mecidiyeköy Metrobus Station, one of the busiest stations of the metrobus line, the subway will be closed for 06.00 days from 15:XNUMX tomorrow morning.
Transitions to be made from the top
In the statement made by the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality, it was reported that the underpass, one of the two existing access roads, will be closed for 06.00 days from 15:100 tomorrow morning in order to expand the platform area at Mecidiyeköy metrobus station, install escalators and elevators and reach the Ramadan Feast. It was stated that passengers will be able to access Mecidiyeköy Metrobus Station during this period from the existing pedestrian overpass 15 meters away. It was announced that the width of the pedestrian overpass stairs was also doubled to avoid problems in accessing the station. The works to be carried out for XNUMX days are listed as follows:
WORKS TO BE ...
"- Crossing of pedestrians will become uninterrupted.
- With this work, the pedestrian platform width of the station, which is currently 5 meters, will be increased to 8 meters.
- Within the scope of the project, integration will be provided between the new 8-meter-wide pedestrian underpass to be built under the existing underpass and the Transfer Center-Metrobus Station-Metro Station.
- In addition, crossings, which are a problem for pedestrians due to the Mecidiyeköy Viaduct and vehicle roads, will be uninterrupted.
- There will also be an elevator for disabled citizens at the pedestrian underpass.
- In order to meet the intense pedestrian demand at Mecidiyeköy Metrobus Station, 4 escalators will be installed, one to be operated at the descent and one at the exit, except for the pedestrian ladder, which is currently 2 meters.
- Between the Metrobus Station and the Metro Connection Underpass, both an elevator will serve and 2 more escalators will be placed. There will also be a fixed ladder. There will also be escalators at all important exits of the underpass.
- Under the existing pedestrian underpass, towards the Mecidiyeköy Metro Station, the underpass connection, which is 8 meters wide, will increase pedestrian comfort with moving walks and meet the high demand ”.
Source: Latest News