The length of the 1st Stage of Samsun Light Rail Transportation System in use is 17,2 km in total between the province building and the University. The maximum speed of the system is 70 km per hour, but the average commercial speed is 30 km per hour. The vehicles, which will serve every 4 minutes, use 21 stops. 2010 are transported per day in the system, which will begin passenger transportation in October 90.000.
TECHNICAL FEATURES OF THE TRAINS USED IN THE SYSTEM
- Vehicle length: 32 meter
- Car width: 2,65 meter
- Vehicle height: 3,30 meter (excluding catenary)
-Weight weight of the vehicle: 43,5 tone
- Vehicle capacity (6 passenger / m2): 62 standing + 217 standing = total 279 passenger + 2 disabled passenger
- There are 3 double wing and 2 single wing doors on each side.
-The driver's cab is available at both ends of the vehicle
-The vehicle is 100 low base.
- Operating voltage of the vehicle 750V DC
- Maximum speed of vehicle: 70 Km / h
- The vehicle has 4 traction motor.
- There is an internal announcement system in the vehicle.
- Vehicles have heating, ventilation and cooling system.
- Vehicles is manufactured by ANSALDO BREDA.
IN THE SYSTEM;
* Total 16 train
* 8 mutual train services
* 4dk at regular hours of train travel intervals, 10dk during normal hours.
* The first part of the route is between the Gar-Rectorate.
* There are total 21 stops in the system.
* Travel time between Gar-Rectorate 31dk.
* The average operating speed of trains is 30km / hour.
* The highest acceleration is 70km / h.
The stops created in Samsun Light Rail System;
- Republic Square
- Youth Park
- Faculty of Education
- Atakum Municipality
- Republic neighborhood
- the Ömürev
- New Neighborhood