In the 1650, two boys died in an accident in Whickham, Durham, UK. This accident, known as a tram accident, was recorded as the oldest railway accident.
- Click to share on Facebook (opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (opens in new window)
- Click to share in WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (opens in new window)
- Click to share in the telegram (opens in new window)
- Click to share in Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share in Tumblr (opens in new window)
- Click to share via email to your friend (opens in new window)
- Click to print (opens in new window)
Similar rail highway and ropeway news:
- Japanese Hitachi Company Builds Railway Traffic System in UK 26/07/2015 Japanese Hitachi Company Builds Railway Traffic System in the UK: British Railways infrastructure company Network Rail has signed a new agreement with Japanese firm Hitachi. According to the agreement, Hitachi undertook the signaling operations of London's north and south Thameslink railways. The price of the agreement is announced as 6,5 billion euros. Hitachi was also chosen to do the same in certain regions in the west of England. Network Rail 2014 launched a joint venture with Thales for rail traffic control of Cardiff and Ramford districts in the east of London. Hitachi is a company that provides signaling and control models for the new traffic control system kontrol
- UK railway workers strike 08/08/2016 Strike from railroad workers in the UK: Employees of the Southern railway company, which organized a train service between the southern cities of England and the capital, London, went on a daily strike 5. Employees of the Southern railway company, which organized a train service between the southern cities of England and the capital, London, went on a daily strike on the 5 to protest the new plans that would have the platform staff dismissed. Due to the first long-term strike in the country after the 50 year, there are disruptions to the cities in the south of the country and to London from Gatwick Airport in the south of London. In a statement from the Southern company on the strike, it is said that şekil
- Railway strike on vacation in Turkey, the UK Trade Union Leaders 11/08/2016 Railway Trade Union Leaders Strike in Turkey on vacation in England: England 50 in recent years while the longest railway strike, the union leaders press Island to holiday in Turkey has led to criticism. British newspaper the Daily Mail, the news on the subject, "to go to war while people have jobs because of the railway strike, union leaders in Turkey tanned and relaxed upload pictures to Facebook." used the title. SOCIAL MEDIA SHARED Newspaper, "Thousands of passengers in the moments of the strike because of the miserable, the union of the railroad union bosses to publish the frames of the holiday attracted a great reaction." used. Sean Hoyle, President of the Union of Railroad, Seaway and Transport, and the general secretary Deniz
- 9. International Railways Infrastructure Fair Infrarail 2012 UK -Birmingham 25/04/2012 International Railways Infrastructure Fair 1-3 May 2012 will be held in Birmingham, England. Please click for detailed information about the exhibition www.infrarail.com
- Today in History: 18 JUN1856 Starting from the Gulf of Iskenderun of England, it will reach Mesopotamia Tarih 18/06/2012 18 JUN1856 The Chesney Project, which will reach Mesopotamia starting from the Gulf of Iskenderun of England and from there to the place where the Tigris and the Euphrates meet, will come to Horn or Basra. The Euphrates Valley Railway Company was established in London.
- Britain's first urban ropeway opened on the River Thames. 29/06/2012 It will be possible to cross the river for the first time across the river via electric vehicles in North Greenwich near the Olympic village. London Transportation Directorate, London City Council contributions and the Emirates Airlines sponsored cable lift is expected to host millions of tourists due to the Olympic. With the 1.1 Speedometer and 34 cabins, the Greenwich side of the river, the Royal Docks, can be reached with an 5 minute journey. Located at the height of 90 meters from the river, the system allows you to see London from a bird's eye view. 10 cabin with cable car 34 to the opposite collar karşı
- Today in History: 21 April 1913 Ottoman Government, to the Baghdad Railway of England N 21/04/2015 Today in History 21 April 1913 The Ottoman Government made some concessions for the UK to lift its opposition to the Baghdad Railway.
- UK Transport Department Agrees 1.2 Billion with Hitachi Rail System 19/07/2013 The UK Transport Department agreed with the Hitachi Rail System for 1.2 Billion Sterling: The UK Transport Department has agreed with the Hitachi Group of the 'The Department of Transport' (1.2) for £ 1bn. East coast lines London, Newcastle and Aberden'a connecting lines are expected to be used in 2018. European Hitachi Rail (Hitachi Rail Europe) said they will build 270 units of Class 800 serial railway wagons for Britain. The agreement of DFT with this agreement with Hitachi and its international association, Agility Trains, is that the orders made last year with 596 wagons D
- Tata Steel to supply rail for British rail network for five years 23/10/2013 Tata Steel will supply rail for the British rail network for five years: Tata Steel has announced that it will supply railroad rail and steel sleepers for the British Rail network for at least five years. Thus, the Network Rail will meet the 2019 of the rail requirement by Tata Steel until 95, and the supply contract can be extended until 2024. Within the scope of the aforementioned agreement, Tata Steel is able to supply over 10 million mt of rail to passenger and freight trains. In a statement from Tata Steel, Tata Steel's 1 meters at the Scunthorpe rail production plant have been Steel
- UK sells Eurostar shares (Video) 14/10/2014 Britain sells its shares in Eurostar: Britain has found the solution in the fight against the financial crisis to sell its share in the Channel Tunnel. The British government decided to sell its own 40 share of the railway line connecting France and England with the English Channel. The decision of the government of Prime Minister David Cameron in the framework of the privatization plan at 2013 aims to provide a revenue of around 380 million (300 million pounds). Lar It's just financial assets. The ability of these shares to change hands from a good value will help us reduce our budget deficit and use financial flexibility. With this flexibility, we need public investments sayesinde
- The UK subway is now safer 07/07/2015 The UK subway is now more secure: an agreement has been signed between the French industrial battery manufacturer Saft and Alstom. According to the agreement, it was decided to buy replacement batteries for the 1 million Euro for the metro line of the London underground. Nickel alloy built-in SRM batteries will be taken. These batteries provide the necessary energy for passenger comfort systems (such as radio, television and announcements) and some security systems. According to Alstom's purchasing manager Matt Goff, Saft's high-security technology and the low price it offers, however, are the reason they work with Saft. According to statistics, the ros
- England Produces Energy from Empty Coffee Cups 15/07/2015 UK Produces Energy from Empty Coffee Cups: An agreement has been signed between British company Network Rail and Bio-Bean on coffee cups. According to the agreement, it was decided to collect coffee cups at some stations in the UK and turn them into a biofuel fuel that we used to heat our homes. Stations covered by the agreement were designated as Euston, King's Cross, Liverpool Street, Paddington, Victoria and Naterloo in London. Bio bean's recycling factory is able to recycle an annual 50000 tone coffee mug. In a statement from Network Rail, it is possible to convert a ton of recycled glass into 5700 kWh electric energy and after a conversion of ülen
- France-UK high-speed trains (Video) 22/07/2015 France-England high-speed train services: Eurotunnel, which operates the English Channel tunnel between France and the UK, sells the company that operates its ferry service. A large number of high-speed trains protesting the release of the company to the tunnel closed the traffic entry points. The company officials announced that the flights will be made without interruption and called the passengers to postpone their tickets to another date. Employees protest the message will continue in the coming days.
- UK to Take Train from Japanese Hitachi 07/08/2015 UK gets a train from Japanese Hitachi Company: UK Transport Department signed an agreement with Japanese firm Hitachi. According to the agreement, UK ordered 29 AT300 type train to be used between Plymouth, Plymouth and Penzance lines. The cost of the agreement was announced as 316 million Euros. The 22 of the trains to be purchased was understood to be 5 with wagon and the 7 with 9 wagon. 5 wagon trains will be available on request, the capacity can be removed up to the 10 wagon. The production of trains will be in Hitachi's factory in Japan. AT300 type trains London Paddington, between Reading and Newbury electrically, in the rest AT
- Haremlik in the UK - salvation wagon proposal 27/08/2015 Haremlik in Britain: salvation wagon proposal: Jeremy Corbyn, leader of the Labor Party in Britain, suggested that some trains should be allocated to women only on trains in case of increased harassment in public transport. Jeremy Corbyn, leader of the main opposition Labor Party in Britain, said in a statement that some wagons could be used by women only on trains by taking women's opinion. TOGETHER RECOMMENDED GREAT REFUSING Jeremy Corbyn, who stated that his aim is to make transportation safe for women from train platforms to bus stops and from there to public transportation vehicles, is that the other presidential candidates of the Labor Party, Yvette Cooper and Andy Burnham BÜ
- Double-decker train after bus in England 17/11/2015 Double-decker train after bus in England: Two-storey trains are planned to be used in order to prevent density in the UK's most popular rail routes. Currently, two-story trains, already in use in many parts of Europe, have been banned throughout the United Kingdom due to low historic bridges on the railways and low tunnels. Authorities are currently working on projects that will lower the rails to allow designers to cross two-story trains. The latest figures announced by the Ministry of Transport showed that at least one 250 passenger train per day in the United Kingdom had been traveling because of excessive intensity.
- Tramways Used for Urban Transportation in Midland, UK 12/02/2016 In the city of Midland, trams used in urban transport are changing: UK The 21 Urbos tramway used in urban transport in Midland was modernized to serve as a catenary. 12 by the West Midlands Transportation Agency in February announced that the 21 piece of Urbos tram will serve as a catenary then 4 units were ordered to be ordered more trams. In a statement, the city transportation network will be expanded in the coming years. 2019 separate line is planned to be put into service until 4 in the city. In the new lines to be made, the trams will serve as catenary. In this way, the long-term savings of 650000 euro Bu
- Today in History: 21 April 1913 Ottoman Government, UK Tarih 21/04/2016 Today in History 21 April 1913 The Ottoman Government made some concessions for the UK to lift its opposition to the Baghdad Railway.
- Eurostar, which operates a high-speed train between England and France, collects Euro 2016 (Video) 21/05/2016 Eurostar, which operates a high-speed train between the UK and France, collects Euro 2016. He explained. During this period, Eurostar announced that the number of passengers, especially tourists from the United States and Asia, declined by 2016 3 to 2 by a decrease of 200 by the same period a year earlier. The company's revenues in this period fell 6 261 million euros were recorded. In 2015 '
- Driverless Buses In England Starts Flights 25/05/2016 Driverless Buses in the UK Starts their Expeditions: The UK has announced that it will use driverless bus capsules by taking an important step in driverless transport. Preparing to serve capsules. UK, one of the pioneer countries in the field of driverless automobile technology, was hosting the test phase of Google's driverless cars on the streets of London, and agreed with Mercedes Benz about driverless truck solutions. In the current process, Britain has introduced the driverless bus capsules, which were previously announced in 2016. Driverless Buses Going Down Roads The UK Transport Research Laboratory (TRL) opened the project called GATEway. That means Bu
- Supply Chain Opportunities within the scope of the UK High Speed Train Project 08/07/2016 Supply Chain Opportunities within the scope of the UK High Speed Train Project: British Transport Minister Patrick McLoughlin 6 On Wednesday in a publicity meeting in London, companies invited companies to take advantage of the opportunities that would arise under the UK's high-speed train project, HS2. The HS2017 project, which is planned to be realized in two stages between 2026-2027 and 2033-2, will link the eight major cities of the UK. McLoughlin stated that the HS2 project will create thousands of supply chain opportunities that will reach up to billion pounds, and emphasized that large purchases will be made especially in the areas of design and services, tunnel construction, station, rail systems and railway vehicles. It is expected that 25.000 will create employment in the construction phase of the project. Pro
- UK terror alarm! Metro evacuated 25/07/2016 UK terror alarm! Metro evacuated: a subway station in London, England, was evacuated due to abandoned vehicle located near the metro. The British police, Scotland Yard said in a statement that Barnet is located in the north-west of the city. Police said they were working to find the owner of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the safety area of the area, near the vehicle learned that the Golders Green metro station was evacuated. 28 in London In June, the Westmister Bridge, near the parliament, was closed for a while due to a suspicious vehicle abandoned. The bridge was opened when the driver of the vehicle was found. The terrorist alarm level in the UK is "strongly" of a terrorist attack
- The New Route of the HS2 High Speed Train Project Announced 16/11/2016 The New Route of the UK High Speed Train Project HS2 Announced: The second stage of the UK's high-speed train project HS2 announced which routes to follow. The 2032 billion pound project, which is planned to be completed in 33-56, is planned to reduce the distance between London and Manchester to 67 minutes and the distance between London and Leeds to 81 minutes. Detailed information about the routes to be followed by the HS2 project and supply chain opportunities can be found at www.gov.uk.
- UK High Speed Train Tender Led 20/01/2017 UK launches high-speed train auction: UK launches 3,4 billion-dollar high-speed train auction The UK has bid for a fleet of high-speed rail projects that will connect London with the north of the country. According to British Transport Minister Chris Grayling, the 1.000 will be able to purchase 225 trains, each of which can carry 60 passengers and make 3,4 miles per hour. These trains are expected to cost around XNUMX billion dollars.
- Britain's first freight train to China departs 11/04/2017 The first freight train from the UK to China is on its way: the 30 wagon train carrying soft drinks, vitamins and baby care products will last for three weeks, with the 12 one thousand kilometer ride. The train from Stanford-le-Hope will cross the Channel Tunnel to France. '' AIRPLANE CHEAPER, SHIP FAST '' Belgium, Germany, Poland, Belarus, Russia and Kazakhstan will pass through the train journey will end in the eastern city of Yiwu in China. DP World London Gateway, the company operating the train, says that rail transport is cheaper than on board, and it is faster than shipping. PROJECT FOR SILKING THE SILK ROAD The freight train expedition aims to revive China's 2000 annual Silk Road.